Monday, July 6, 2009

Blueberry Buckle


cobbler


This has enough sugar to put you in a diabetic coma. So all you diabetics out there, don't look.

Most recipes for cobbler call for pints of blueberries, and that's all well and good if you have an army to feed. But most of the time, it's just me, myself, and I, and I would get sick of it long before I ever finished it. I have a poor attention span when it comes to food. Leftovers, even blueberry cobbler leftovers, bore me after one or two servings.

But this will feed two or three happily, before it's all gone.

Why is it called "Blueberry Buckle?" I don't know, but I suspect it's because the berries underneath cause the crust to "buckle" when they start to bubble up.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take a pie pan, spray it with PAM.

Ingredients:
1 pint of blueberries
1/4 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of flour

Mix them up well, and pour them in the pan. Using the bowl you used to mix up the blueberries, combine:

1/4 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 stick of butter, softened

Take your fork and work the butter into the sugar/flour mixture, until it's about the size of peas. Pour over the blueberries and set in the middle of the oven, and bake until it looks like something you want to eat - about 30 minutes.

Best served warm, with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment